Yesterday March 4th was all about the Africa Magic’s Viewers Choice Awards and it was really magical! I watched it at home with my mum and sisters and nobody blinked till it was over. For someone who’s not a huge fan of Nigerian music or movies, it’s saying a lot that I stayed glued to my seat (on the floor).
Now for those of you who don’t know what the amvca is, think of it like the Nigerian Oscars award ceremony. Are we good? Yes? Now we can proceed.
It was such an array of talent, legends and of course FASHION! Seriously, our stars didn’t fall our hands, I loved almost all of the looks, and that’s saying a lot for someone who’s picky af! And because I loved the looks so much, I just had to bring them to my blog, I wouldn’t be able to sleep if I didn’t.
I present to you, the best red carpet looks of amcva2017 –
1. Somkele was every shades of stunning, this is my most favorite look. From her hair to her makeup and the dress! Plus she gave the most incredible acceptance speech when she got called up as the winner of the trail blazer award. Congratulations honey.
2. Lilian Esoro gave us an asoebi goal with this beautiful black and white piece.
3. Rita Dominic! She killed it with this ‘I’m a boss lady but I’m also harmless’ look. I love the color and I certainly love the dress too.
4. Uti – I don’t know the exact name of the color he’s wearing, bluish green or greenish blue, but I love it, and for the next couple of days, it’s going to be my favorite color.
5. Funke Akindele and her husband JJC are couple goals. And her acceptance speech!? Hilarious but wonderful.
6. The wives on strike crew – Uche Jumbo, Chioma Akpotha and Ufoma McDermott
7. Gbenro Akinbade and Osas giving us another couple goals look.
8. Make this Toyin Abraham’s gown white and you have the dream wedding gown.
11. Akin Faminu succeeded in adding himself to my ‘guys I’m crushing on’ list.
12. Eniola Badmus slayed and showed us the real meaning of big, bold and beautiful. Loving the dress!
12. Bovi- always laughing, who knows the joke he was making up in his mind right then.
13. Olu Jacob and his lovely wife Joke Silva set the pace for power couples. We heart them soooo much!
And these are my top thirteen. I feel I should add more because this list is not even close to the number of celebrities that came and slayed, and I figure I should make a post about the worst dressed celebrities too,but maybe next time, what do you think about tomorrow? I’m really tired now. Anyways, to see for yourself what the rest of our celebrities wore to the show last night, just log on to your Twitter or instagram and follow the hashtag #amcva2017.
I love you guys so much, till my next post.